Personal Data Protection Notice
This Personal Data Notice (“Notice”) describes how Senai Airport Terminal Services Sdn. Bhd.
(242383M) ("SATS") (a partnership incorporated under the laws of Malaysia with its place of business at Senai International Airport, 81250, Johor Bahru, Johor Darul Ta'zim, Malaysia.) uses your Personal Data.
By engaging SATS to provide services or by interacting with SATS either at our events, conferences, seminars, talks or otherwise, or by using the SATS website http://www.senaiairport.com
(“Website”), you consent to the processing of your Personal Data by SATS and all persons involved in the provision of services by SATS.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail. SATS shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the Website. By continuing to communicate with SATS or by continuing to use SATS’s services following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
Collection of Personal Data
- “Personal Data” means information about you which you have provided to SATS, such as your name, address, telephone number, NRIC, email address, your personal preferences, particulars of your spouse or family members and bank account information and any information which may identify you, your spouse or family members that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by SATS from time to time.
- In addition to the Personal Data you provide to SATS directly (i.e. during your communications with SATS and/or when you engage SATS to provide services), SATS may also collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources, including without limitation at any events, conferences, seminars or talks organised or sponsored by SATS and/or from the cookies used on the Website.
- The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide your Personal Data, SATS may not be able to (i) communicate with you; (ii) provide you the services you require or (ii) access certain sections of the Website where log in is required.
- If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies on the Website, you may deactivate cookies on internet browsers.
Purposes of Processing
- SATS may use and process your Personal Data for the purposes relating to the services you have requested and for the business activities of SATS which shall include, without limitation:-
- to communicate with you;
- to respond to questions and comments from you;
- for internal administrative purposes;
- to provide information to regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements;
- for SATS to comply with its obligations under law, including compliance with laws relating to evidence
and you agree and consent to SATS using and processing your Personal Data in the manner as identified in this Notice.
- SATS may also use and process your data for other purposes such as:-
- to send you materials such as newsletters, articles, write-ups as well as other updates;
- to distribute information or details of events, seminars, conferences and talks which mayof interest to you;
- to send as potential referees to (i) editors/researchers in ranking legal publications and journals; (ii) potential clients who request for referees of past work in Requests for Proposals, tenders, submissions;
by way of email or mail.
- If you do not consent to SATS processing your Personal Data for the purposes listed in Section 6, please notify SATS using the contact details stated in Section 8 below.
Transfer of Personal Data
- As SATS's information technology storage facilities and servers may be located in other jurisdictions, your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia. Further, your personal data may be transferred out of Malaysia for the purposes as described in Section 6(c) where such ranking legal publications and journals and/or potential clients are located outside of Malaysia. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia as described herein.
Disclosure to Third Parties
- SATS may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on SATS’behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to the third parties such as those listed below (not exhaustive):
- information technology (IT) service providers;
- data entry service providers;
- storage facility providers;
- banks and financial institutions;
- insurance providers;
- any professional advisors and external auditors;
- regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements.
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries
Senai Airport Terminal Services Sdn. Bhd. (242383M)
- Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may at any time hereafter request for access to, or for correction or rectification of your Personal Data or limit the processing of your Personal Data, or seek further information from SATS by contacting:-
Senai International Airport, 81250, Johor Bahru, Johor Darul Ta'zim, Malaysia.
Telephone No.: +607 599 4500 Facsimile No.: +607 599 6624
- In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, SATS has the right to refuse the your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy.