New Security Regulation On Hand Luggage For INTERNATIONAL BOUND PASSENGERS31 Mar 2007
In accordance with International Civil Aviation Organisation's (ICAO) security guidelines, Senai Airport Terminal Services Sdn Bhd (SATS) will be implementing new rules for liquids, aerosols and gels in hand-carry luggage with effect from 21st May 2007:
Medications, baby milk / food, and special dietary requirements needed on board are permitted in hand-carry luggage.
For reference, liquids are:
- Liquid-based food, including drinks, soups, sauces, jams, yoghurts & syrups
- Toiletries and cosmetics including contact lenses and contact lenses' solutions, eyedrops, eardrops, perfumes, deodorants, creams, toothpastes, mascaras, lip glosses, liquid foundations, balms, lotions, oils, shampoos, hair gels, shower gels and hand sanitisers
- Aerosols and products in pressurized containers: such as shaving foams, hairsprays, spray deodorants, and face mists
- Other items which are liquid-based.
Guidelines for Passengers
Due to the implementation of these new rules, passengers are advised to:
- Check that all liquids meant for hand-carry luggage do not exceed the permitted volume (100 ml / 100 grams / 3.4 oz).
- Liquids exceeding this volume are to be packed into the Check-In baggage.
- Check-in at the airport at least 2 or 3 hours before flight (subject to airlines' requirements).
- Get the plastic bag for free* from the airport security at the screening point.
- Arrange all liquid containers in the plastic bag neatly and then seal the bag properly.
- Surrender items that do not fit in the plastic bag to the security staff to be confiscated.
- Screen the plastic bag separately from other hand-carry items.
- Passengers may also be subject to random body search.
* Free distribution of plastic bags is applicable for a duration of six months from the date of implementation.